The Daily Online Go-To Guide For Fashion & Style!

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vampire Weekend












New York City's own Vampire Weekend is one of my favorite bands in the indie rock scene and their keen sense of style is unlike any other. I think it could be in relation to the fact that they are from one of the most style oriented cities in the world or maybe they're Ivy League background being graduates of Columbia University. Whatever their influence their cool relaxed "not trying so hard" style gets my approval. I actually own that same PRL Club rugby pictured above in white. Boat shoes, desert boots and suede Adidas Gazelles are their choice of footwear. The majority of the hipster community are trying to follow in their footsteps although we all know who originated this look. Now to the music, the first album self-titled is a really good album with my favorite song being "Oxford Comma" and it gained my attention to this group back in 2008. Contra was just released a couple months back and it took a while to grow on me before actually liking it. Mainly because I bought it with the XX album and that album is incredible. But Contra does get some rotation in my car. Vampire Weekend all around gets an EMM approval stamp for their music and style so go out and support their music because music careers these days are becoming more and more scarce in this digital era that we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment